Saturday 25 April 2020

covid diary Sunay 26th April 2020- Lockdown Day 32

Lovely sunrise and a bit overcast, may be rain.
This is the API dashboard - code is pretty wicked and scruffy but it gets the job done.
I only found API global data that was a couple of days old, so thats not particularly current. Principal is there though.


 




I've been trying to get my head around No2 and covid deaths. I have been hunting for air quality data and got an api but it only allows you to get current data, not that good in lockdown situation as everyone at home.
In the end I got this map from Greenpeace, that shows No2 pollution in the Stastes. As you can see it is mainlyy on the East Side of the Continent.
I linked to a CSV of deaths for a couple of Days ago and filtered it to USA only and then from highest down and as you can see the places are predominantlyu in the East, lso places where there are red patches on the map like Detroit & Chicago. I had to google a lot of districts as they are not that clear but the higher end ones are all close to or in Red areas on the map. There is one on west cost but thats LA, which makes sense too.

I either had a massive amount of historic data or up to date data, so in the end it was easiest to do it by sight on a map, maybe putting pins on a map with a label of numbers would be another way of doing it. Say, take the top 30 locations and show them on a map. Actually, the Lat/Longs are given, so that is possible. Maybe that would be a good exercise to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment