Thursday 21 May 2020

Soup Mix Soup

I had some dried split pea's in a packet, I thought they were a soup mix. I bought a more general soup mix packet to start making soups as its cooling down a bit.
I followed the directioons on the packet and got one cup of soup mix and soaked it overnight in 3 cups of water.
Next day I drained the water and then added 2 cups of stock (I think its chicken, that I'd made before and frozen) and a cup of water. I added a few small bits of cured meat that I had in the freezer to it and once it was boiling in a pot let it simmer for about 30 minutes.
I was having some french onion soup I'd made before for luch so didn't try it out until the next day.
The legumes had swelled and there was no fluid in the pot. I air fried 2 slices of acon and put them in a bowl with the soupl and microwaved for about 4 minutes. It was warm but not scalding.
I had it with toast.
Verdict
A bowl was very filling, and the bacon gave it some flavour. The texture of the mix was ok, the legumes were soft after all the soaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment