Saturday 2 May 2020

covid diary Sunday 3rd May 2020- Level 3 Day 6

Raining & Windy this morning, a northerly.




I decided to go the Heroku route and did a few tutorials on Github. Daniel at code train had a series on Github, better than the other videos I was watching about it. I've been playing a lot of the day with getting my head around Github and backing up my data then tried getting the Selfie app from code Train server side to run on an instance in Heroku and it went reasonably smoothly. a couple of glitches along the way but otherwise it fired up.
You do need to have location settings on otherwise it wont work out your location and show it and you need to give permissions for the camera to take an image, it does give you a choice between front or back cameras. 
 I'm very please with the result.
The next progression would be to plot the locations on a map so you know where the app was taken, and instead of a mood a simple button to fire it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment