Wednesday 13 May 2020

covid diary Thursday 14th May 2020- Level 2 Day 1

Another still and mild morning. 4.53am.
Just booked tickets to go to the Zoo for Monday and Friday 5th, the day before my birthday which is on saturday and they are not letting anyone in on the weekends (or they've all been booked out, but I don't think so).
Its the first day of level 2 in NZ today.




I took a walk down the beach today, did the whole length, lots of gravel washed up and high tide so a slow walk. Groin also a bit sore so no fast walking.
I then went to go to Uncle Bill's but there was a queue outside and someone with a cliboard at the entrance so I went to Kilbirnie instead, I was looking for a brolly. The 2$ shop was closed so I went to Postie Plus. There was a queue outside Farmers (mainly women) . At Postie Plus there was someone at the door who took my name and mobile number then le me in the store. I think this is for contact tracing. I can see people getting pretty pissed off with that after a while. The young lady at the entrance had a clear visor over her face, I think she also had some diinfectant but I put my gloves on instead. All looks pretty tedious. Still, the shops are open, so that's an improvement.
Also recycling today, they took the bottles away, there were a few full bottle recycling bins out at Lookout Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment