Monday 4 March 2019

Bruschetta for breakfast or tapas

What you need. Quick to make and clean up. This small mixer/blitzer is not that powerful but quick and easy to use


This is a nice breakfast snack. Tomatoes on toast.
A little more sophisticated than that. In fact the tomato is chopped up with garlic and onion.
So:
  1. In the hand blitzer put 2-3 cloves of garlic, I chop them before putting them in.
  2. 1 large or 2 small tomatoes, also sliced so they fit in the blitzer
  3. Half an onion, red or brown.
  4. Blitz together
  5. Toast your bread. This is great witch the Ciabatta bread I baked.
  6. Put a drizzle of olive oil on the toast (just to reduce the tomato from soaking into the bread, it feels too soggy then)
  7. Pepper and salt ad gustem (to taste)
I have seen some videos where they rub the garlic cloves directly onto the toast. I suppose that acts as a seal for the tomato soaking into the bread.
The reason I do not put the pepper and salt into the mixture is that I save the leftovers in a pottle that I can use for a tomato base for pizzas by cooking it briefly in a pot with some olive oil (to lightly cook Garlic and onion).
The raw garlic give a nice zing to the snack. Not so good on a day for a first date perhaps!


No comments:

Post a Comment