Sunday 29 March 2020

covid diary Monday 30th March 2020- Lockdown Day 5

Weather looking better than yesterday. I drove to Lyall Bay around 9.30am and had a walk, there was sand all across road from yesterdays storm. Only a few (5ish) people on the beach and only a couple of dogs. I parked in carpark , only car there, and then after went to the supermarket.
I didn't need to have an urgent shop, and if there were queues I would have left it but at about 10.30 there were no queues going in, to Pak'n'Save or Countdown and both were well stocked. Some of the meat was a bit light and the mince was expensive (17.99/kg) so I bought some rump and minced it at home in the blitzer. I had to cut most of the fat off because that was maqking the machine struggle.
I want some mince as I plan to make some salami as I now have the skins.

Hard to keep 2m apart in Supermarket, and as you were going in, if you didn't have gloves on, they asked you to use hand sanitiser. I had my bike gloves, next time I may take some latex ones in. It was difficult to handle the shopping list on the phone with gloves, so I had to keep on taking one off to see what I needed to get.
Apparently 12-1pm and 4-5pm are the busy times by the man controlling the queues in Countdown. So avoid at those times. I suppose as the weather was good most people were out and about rather than doing grocery shopping.
Prices seemed Ok but not too many specials. Countdown definitely had less meat than Pak'n'Save and all the deli counters were closed inPak'n'Save but I think the meat & salad one was oppen in Countdown.
I always try and use the self checkouts but I did note that the manned tills (womanned?) had big screens in front of the tellars and they were advising not to use cash.


Its not looking pretty out there. NZ has 514 cases from yesterday. The MoH seems to have reposted the individual person recording of infections, so I may have another look at that. So back to some web scraping.


No comments:

Post a Comment