Monday 23 March 2020

covid diary 24th March 2020

The process continues, now some self isolation is taking place
World - 374,921 confirmed cases globally.
NZ has 102 as of about 2pm yesterday
The Bing map is getting more granular for the countries top on the list, as well as the US. So Italy, Spain & Germany are being shown as Regions within countries now. UK and Ireland still only by country.

I started to look around for Data for New Zealand by district and found that the Wiki site was pretty good.  Wiki NZ Covid page.
So I'm trying to exportXML in Google Sheets from this page to get regional numbers.

I was trying to think what this reminds me of and its Election nights when you watch the numbers coming in.
I'm also reminded of my 9th Birthday (1967) when Beirut was being strifed by Israili jets going after the palastinian camps in the Lebanon (in my memory I thought it was my 6th birthday). We had to stay at home and indoors and keep out of trouble. I drove the family mad as I was complaining I had no birthday presents and my dad took me into town to get something, he was not happy about that.
 I went for a walk at beach this morning, a few people out and about but a southerly so Lyall bay a bit exposed. It is quite though.


1pm news is its up to 155 confirmed at the moment. But the wiki page has not been updated as locations of new confirmed not released so far.
An early afternoon stroll in the town Belt, and a few people out doinggeneral activities. Tomorrow may be busier as kids off school and wanting to get out and about.

Coronavirus: Pandemic is 'accelerating', WHO warns as cases pass 300,000
 It took 67 days from the first reported of Covid-19 to reach 100,000 cases, 11 days for the second 100,000, and just four days for the third 100,000




No comments:

Post a Comment