Monday 1 July 2019

Fried rice

I came to this late, but I really enjoy a fried rice. I do like making an omelette and cutting it into ribbons for the fried rice.
Here is a basic recipe that I'm following, although I'll be adding a few more ingredients.
A bit like Dad's mince, crude and simple, but easy and fast. 
I have been using the 90 second microwave rice as I've been having issues with cooking rice of late. It is also a nice portion size, 2 portions so eat one and freeze the other for later. With cooking rice the batch size is usually larger.

Fried Rice

Its  a good cobble together what you have and throw it in. I've just got a Rotisserie chicken and have leftovers. I was looking for ideas on what to do with it and saw it being used for Fried Rice. I thought that's a great use. I usually get at least 2 meals out of  cooking it, so that is handy, and it uses frozen veges easily if you don't have anything fresh.
As I only have some chicken I'll use the dark meat for the fried rice and add some bacon, then I'll use the left over breast for sushi.

Freezer and some stocks

I'm now buying a kg of streaky bacon at a time and splitting it up into 4 slices (then cutting those in 2) and putting them in freezer bags. Each bag lasts me 2 days for breakfast with the air fryer or for adding to other recipes. I'm loving the convenience of the freezer, some of the things really work well, and the bacon is one, the sausage rolls another, the tortilla mix too. Really handy to grab and use. Even if at last minute you can use the microwave to thaw.
I bought fruit and froze it, but don't use it, so that fills up the freezer. I'll have to plan to use, but I wont replenish.
The dumplings, won tons and sui mae are great, as are the Spring rolls. Also the frozen pizza balls.
The naan bread I froze I wasn't too blown away with, I'm still trying to find some of them. I may have to make some more, just to use up the big container of yogurt I bought, and make some curry's too.

No comments:

Post a Comment