Sunday 12 May 2019

Pasta, Mussels & Wasabi- A sinus cleaner

I am not mad on fish, but I do like seafood.

 Pasta, Mussels & Wasabi

A simple lunch I like, if I've been to the shops on that day, is Pasta, Mussels & Wasabi.
I will only have it on a day when I go to the shops as fresh mussels are nice but I'm a bit worried about getting sick if I leave them in the fridge. My own personal wariness about them.
Cook up some pasta, steam mussels, either in water or in steamer over the water, and when they open take them out, de-beard them, take out any crabs and other crustations nesting within and cut the mussels into smaller pieces.
Then mix with pasta and put in some wasabi. I like it from the paste tube in this instance as you can add small dabs of wasabi as you go.
I usually buy 12 mussels for this meal. I only make it for myself, I've never offered it to anyone else. A personal comfort meal.

Mussels on a BBQ

Another way I like to do mussels is on a BBQ. Normally you're cooking up hunks of meat, its nice to have something that isn't greasy. Throw some mussels on and as they heat up the shells open. Pick them off and snack as you are cooking the rest of the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment