Sunday 12 May 2019

Sourdough Starter Pancakes- NICE

This recipe definitely works for me.

This sourdough starter recipe just uses the sourdough starter. Makes enough pancakes for a sitting with some left over. They are more like buttermilk pancakes and are filling and sweat too.
This is a recipe I've done a couple of times and enjoyed. In fact I had too much recipe at the end so made some pikelets for the next day, and they were nice then too.
Much better than the other ones I was making.
This is a great recipe for sourdough starter, I'd like another recipe for the leftover sourdough starter as pancakes every week is too much for me. Although with winter coming on, maybe a good one. Especially if I cook them the night before and just heat them up (a cold kitchen in the morning is not too much fun).
I think I overdid the crispy bacon in the image above.
On the hotplate the leftover mix for pikelets.

 I have this regularly now, on the weekends, when I top up my starter. They are light and fluffy and the bacon definitely adds a saltiness. A bit like salted caramel ice cream. It sounds weird but tastes great.

Recipe:
1 cup sourdough starter
1 egg
Some honey into the mixture- about 1-2 tablespoons
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4  teaspoon baking soda

After mixing it froths up, so I use the measuring jug to mix and pour.
I usually have leftovers. I find the rings in the photo above are a waste of space, so just pour less of the mixture. I put them in the fridge and microwave the next day. So 2 breakfasts out of one cup of sourdough starter. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment