Sunday 12 May 2019

Pad Thai - Beef first try

I watched a couple of videos on it and got the general idea of the recipe.
What started me on this was seeing Pad thai noodles (that look a bit like vermicelli noodles but ribbons) in the Asian Market Grocer in Kilbirnie.
In Cambodia I loved the Pad See Ewe and when I looked up Pad Thai it was not too different. A Mee Goreng type recipe, but Thai style.
I'd taken some beef schnitzel out of the freezer to do this, but left if for a couple of days as I had fresh food to eat up.
When I got around to cooking up the beef schnitzel I was still not going to make the dish that day, but I did not want the meat to start to go off, so cooked it in a bit of oil on its own.
When I got around to making it I followed Marion and a few others recipe's generally. I also wanted to use up my Mung Beans as they were getting big and I'd thrown away the last batch as they had been left in the fridge for too long.
I had too much beef, too little noodles, and I made enough for one meal and a meal to freeze. I was happy with the result but next time I'd like to have more noodles and I think I'd try chicken and or prawns. The light vegetables, beansaprouts and peanuts were a bit overwhelmed by the beef.
Definitely a meal I'd do again.
Its a meal that you set up and prep. Get everything ready then the actual cooking and presenting is fast. I quite liked the process of it.
A good use of the beansprouts too.
My result first time, about 4/10, needs more practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment