Tuesday 23 June 2020

Korean Crab Jeon (Crab Stick Omelettes) & branston pickle

    I want to do some crab cakes and had these in the fridge. Also eggs were on special and I haven't been having many for breakfast so I thought this would be a good meal to try.
    I tried using a couple of crab sticks chopped up with 3 eggs and some vegetables (onion, grated carrot and cabbage) as per the video below (although my crab sticks were diced).
    It just tasted like a vege omelet, not enough crab.


    Video for making them:

    As the crab is such a delicate flavour, I thought it would work well with the omelet, but the selected veges were too strong and large.
    Next time I think some mung beans and spring onions only, and far more crab meat.
The frying pan was not that hot, so next time I'd make sure the pan is hotter.
I'll try it again another time, a nice light lunch meal.

At lunch I also had some anti-pasta with the freshly cooked ciabatta loaves with bits in the fridge and to test out the caramalised onion marmalade. That was delicious on the meats and the cheese. It got me thinking about Branston pickle and what is in that.


No comments:

Post a Comment