Saturday 6 June 2020

covid diary Sunday 7th June 2020- Level 2 Day 25

Cooling down a bit, dropping below 10. Winter coming
A busy day in the kitchen:
Preping kiwifruit and Apples for dehydrator
Dipping Orange slices in chocolate (with chilli) - a bit hard .( I may have overdone the dehydration of orange slices)
Prepping beef roast (cutting off fat) and salting it for prep for cured meat. 12.99$ /kg, about 1kg.
Pork shoulder to sausages. The pork was a bit smelly. I'd had it in the fridge, then in the freezer, then thawed it , then back in the fridge. A bit wiffy. So I washed it and salted at 2%. And then made sausages. I sort of held off for the last week becuse I thought the smaller nozzles may have come from Ali Express but they hadn't. I used the soaked ones over the nozzle that I had already, they worked ok but split a bit.
Also chilli & capcicum seeds in grow box with lights. We'll see how they do.
So a lot of activity in the kitchen on the weekend.
I also bought a smoker so I'm keen to try that out.



No comments:

Post a Comment