Monday 16 December 2019

Biscotti.

I'm thinking of a couple of home-made things I can give as presents for Xmas.
The Candied orange Peels are good, and I saw a couple of YT videos on Biscotti's. I thought that was a nice idea, I need to get some brown sugar and almonds, and see if that is a goer.



The first video has fruit in it, and it looks pretty good, the 2nd has just almonds. 


  BISCOTTI with NUTS & DRIED FRUIT
 4 extra large Eggs 
1 cup Sugar (white) 
1 cup Brown Sugar 
6 oz Butter (1½ sticks) 
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract 
1 Lemon (Juice & Zest) 
1 Tbsp Baking Powder 
1 tsp Baking Soda 
4½ - 5 cups All Purpose Flour 
1 cup Sliced Almonds
 1 cup chopped Mixed Dried Fruit (Figs, Dates, Raisins)

I've got to maybe look at some packaging for the gift wrapping too

This one has great presentation:

The results

So, after baking them and putting them in bags I bought some poly bags that are seal-able. I coated them in chocolate (milk and white) and dipped them in ground nuts, Then bagged them and used straw to suck air out of them.
 Next time, I think I'd make thinner than before as they are a bit big to bite into, it's a biscuit, so should be thinner. A sharp knife to slice.

 I also did the orange peel double dips (milk choc one end & white choc the other).

So all in air tight bags and ready for Christmas as gifts.




No comments:

Post a Comment