Sunday 14 April 2019

Patatas Bravas & Mini Tortilla's and Yorkshire pudding in Air Fryer

Patatas Bravas

When traveling around Spain this was a nice tapas , potato with sauce.
I thought the above video was a good way to get rid of some of my tomatoes for the sauce. It was also nice too, rather than just a tomato sauce.
I made a batch and split it into a number of pottles to freeze so that I can  have it at different times.
I also just used straight  mayonnaise as the other accompaniment.
The potatoes I just diced and sprayed with the canola oil and heated in air fryer at 200 deg C and for about 20 to 30 minutes. I had about 3 medium sized potatoes, so that filled up the basket.
Very nice snack and the sauce had a lot of flavour.

Mini Tortilla

When I make a tortilla I find that I have to eat it quickly, but I do get tired of it after a couple of days. I would be uncomfortable freezing the egg, so leave it in the fridge on an obvious shelf so that I try and eat it while it is still fresh. IO came up with the plan of making mini ones that I could have for breakfast using the Air Fryer.
After cooking a batch of potato and onion for tortillas I put them into a few containers. I had one in the fridge that I used this morning.
I heated the air fryer to 200 deg C with the potato and onion mix in the metal pie pot for about 3-5 minutes. Mixing 1 egg with salt and pepper I mixed the potato and onion with the egg and put it back into the pie dish and put it in the Air Fryer at 150 deg C for about 7-10 minutes, checking as I went.
The lower heat with the egg meant that the egg would be cooked through (a challenge I'm still managing for the Frittata).
It was nice and sweet from the caramelized onion and went well with the Ciabatta bread roll. Far more interesting than the hash brown.
I would use 2 eggs next time. I was concerned that it might overfill the dish.
I've also tried splitting the mix and cooking 2 batches. This makes them thinner and allows for the egg to be cooked through.
 Sort of works, I was a bit impatient and under-heated the potato/onion mix so it did not help cook the egg through.

Yorkshire pudding in air fryer

I made a batch and left it sitting overnight and tried it for breakfast with a cooked sausage in. A toad in the hole. It was a bit heavy and stodgy and  not really a breakfast item. I used a hand whisk, I didn't get it very airy.
Next time I wall use the column mixer to get it light and fluffy and try and have some with a roast meal.

I thought I'd try the mixture in the air fryer. I can only do one pie dish at a time, but the pudding mix which I had in the fridge for a couple of days worked fine. I was pleased with the result. 
I I turned them over near the end so that the bottom browned as well. I froze a few for later. Yet to be tested.

20th april 2020. lockdown still on. 

I made sausages yesterday and I thought of toad in the hole, so I need some yorkshire pudding. I onmly want a small toad in the hole at the moment, so I'll make some yorkshire puddings as well and feeze them. I'll follow the recipe below but I'll let it rest in the fridge for a while.











 

No comments:

Post a Comment