Friday 3 July 2020

Chicken Liver Pate, rillettes & terrines

I saw some chicken livers in Moore Wilson so thought I'd use them to make some pate. I have made pate in the past and enjoyed it but don't use that much of it and some went off.

First vids good for recipe, the 2nd uses cognac as an extra later, that looks good.
1st recipe based on 250 g of chicken liver, I have 500g so can do 2 different batches.


There is suggestion you use ice cube tray to freeze the pate as it only lasts 7-8 days in fridge. So can get portions frozen, then wrap in baking paper and put in bag.

I followed the first recipe and added a bit of cognac at the end, similar to 2nd recipe.
I froze most in an icecube tray and also a couple of pottles, but have some in a larger pottle to use.  So looking forward to using it.


Looking at other pate's and turinnes.

1. Smoked Mackerel

This recipe loks quick and easy. Smoked Mackerel is quite a nice pate too, so I'll keep an eye out for some mackerel as I need to have a bit of seafood in my diet.

Mackerel rillettes


2. Tuna pate.

This looks nice and simple. I'll have to give this a crack.

3. Sardine Pate

Another simple looking one, so I'll need to try this too.
The one below is pretty simple too, but I'd debone the sardines as per the vid above.

4. How to make Pork Rillette, classic French meat spread

This looks interesting but I'd speed it up.

this uses the food mixer to work the meat:

5. Chicken rillette.

This looks an interesting one. Especially with drumsticks as they are about $4/kg at the moment and you can use the bones for stock.

6. Chicken terrine


No comments:

Post a Comment