Sunday 5 January 2020

Stale Baguette crispbread

Zoe brought down a stale baguette and I put it in the freezer, thinking that I'd make breadcrumbs out of it.
I wanted to clear the freezer and got the baguette out and let it thaw, then I put it under the tap to moisten and let it rest.
Then I used a sharp knife and cut it really thin, about 5mm thick, so that, I could chop it up for croutons if the crispbread idea didn't work out.
I have seen stale toasted bread advertised as a speciality in shops. I'm not interested in it, but its a good idea.
So I used the air fryer, some with a bit of lard spread on it.
I toasted some with lard on, and some without, and the airfryer set on max and for about 10 min, and they toasted up nice, you don't need to add the lard.
I had some with cheese and pickles on, but you could do these with bruchetta as well.
Definitely a handy snack. I've put the bread into smaller bags and frozen them so thaty i can use them for snacks.

 Definitely good for a snack.


No comments:

Post a Comment